Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Words of life...


This morning as I read in the Bible I came across these verses in Philippians 4:

"...do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
 verses 6-7

These verses never fail to point me in the right direction! What an amazing promise of peace we have when we earnestly pray and give thanks to the Lord. Giving Him our burdens.

It's so easy to become anxious, isn't it?  But praying shows our dependence on the faithful One ~ Jesus! God's grace is here for each moment...

~~~~

Do you have any Bible verses you would like to share? Life verses or recent portions that you've come across that have blessed you?
Leave them below in the comment section! I would be encouraged to read them! Thank you! :-)

Keep resting in the Sovereign One, friends!

2 comments:

Gabriela said...

You reminded me of a verse a friend of mine and I repeated over and over again throughout college. We even sent it to each other through texts, etc.

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7 (NIV).

Short and full of promise. ;-)

And then there are the Psalms. "Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love towards me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave." Psalm 86:11-13 (NIV)

Thank you for letting us share! :-D

Ana R.W. said...

Ohh, thank you so much for sharing these verses! Wow... you have no idea how much these encouraged me today! It's always good to be reminded of these truths.

Thank you again, Gabriela!! <3