Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Love that will never let go.

One Sunday evening each month, we meet together with people from our church, to sing, sing, sing! Everyone loves to sing at our church.

This last singing night was hosted at an older man's home. In addition to our normal singing he wanted to play the piano for us and have us sing selected songs.

O Love That Will Not Let Me Go, was one of those songs.

I looked up the story of the author of these lyrics. (He was said to have written all four lyrics in 5 minutes!) He knew great brokenness. He said his life was: "an obstructed life, a circumscribed life... but a life of quenchless hopefulness..."

Such is the case for those of us who have Christ as our hope.
This Love with never let us go!


O Love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.
~George Matheson

No comments: