Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My keyboard. =)

Have you ever had a desire in your heart and then experience God graciously granting you the gift that fulfills that desire?

I have... and it helps me to remember these stories while I'm struggling with other areas in my life. :)

One gracious provision the Lord has given me is: a free keyboard! :-) I know, I know... you're wondering "why is this so exciting?!"

Let me explain... Ever since I was a little girl I've found much enjoyment playing by ear on the piano and making my own songs up. It still gives me great pleasure sitting down and playing new songs... and? My family loves it when I make up new songs. :-)

So a few weeks ago I had an extreme desire to be able to get a keyboard so I can actually connect it to my laptop and use a special program to write out the music (instead of promptly forgetting the song)! The day after, my family told me about a free keyboard a family was trying to get rid of!! I emailed them quick and they wanted to get it to me as soon as they could. Amazing.

I'm learning patience through this though, first I had to wait for my keyboard, once I got it I had to wait for my laptop to come back from getting fixed, and now I'm waiting for the right cord.

But this waiting is giving me time to write words... and come up with music for some of those songs.

Ohh, I love songwriting! I feel God's smile on me while I do it.
I know I have much to learn on this journey but it is a happy road to travel. :-)


"Praise the Lord!
For it is good to sing praises to our God;
For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful."
Psalm 147:1


No comments: