Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fearing One.


This next Sunday I will be doing something that I know will easily make me nervous... But as I sat down and read my Bible this morning I found the perfect reminder of how silly the fear of man is.  Once again the Lord shows Himself faithful in giving me exactly what I need to read, when I need it. :)

Isaiah 51:12-13:
 “I, even I, am He who comforts you.
Who are you that you should be afraid
Of a man who will die,
And of the son of a man who will be made like grass?
And you forget the Lord your Maker,
Who stretched out the heavens
And laid the foundations of the earth;
You have feared continually every day
Because of the fury of the oppressor,
When he has prepared to destroy.
And where is the fury of the oppressor?"

And in verses 7 to 8:
“Listen to Me, you who know righteousness,
You people in whose heart is My law:
Do not fear the reproach of men,
Nor be afraid of their insults.
 For the moth will eat them up like a garment,
And the worm will eat them like wool;
But My righteousness will be forever,
And My salvation from generation to generation.”

Oh, may I fix my eyes on Christ alone. For when I fear the One who is in control, who is steadfast in love, who created each person I'm with, all other fears dim in this Light. 

Please Lord, let me never forget this!

No comments: