Monday, July 2, 2012

From drought to delight.

(Photo credit to: FreeDigitalPhotos.net)

I was going through a file filled with church bulletins this afternoon...

I'm not sure why I've kept so many, but as I went through them, I noticed something that refreshed me so much. The first ones were from the church we're going to now and I decided to keep most of them. And then I worked through to the bulletins I had filed away from a church we went to previously...

It stirred up memories. Memories that I didn't really care to remember. But then it dawned on me, that because of that dry and hard time I and my family went through going to that church, I and my family are reaping amazing joy and peace from it now. 

The discouragements and struggles ended up being a tool the Lord used to open our eyes to the immense greatness and awesome powerfulness of Christ. 

And it made me rejoice! God uses hard things. He changes heartaches into heartjoys ~ and it's all for His glory! 

In church yesterday our Pastor taught on James 1:2-5, and I realize reading them now that I've experienced these verses coming to life: 
"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him."

Thank you, Lord for bringing pure delight and refreshment in knowing You deeper out of a time of dryness!! =) His hand is always at work, though it be invisible at the moment. 

There is always hope when we look to Christ!

No comments: