Thursday, February 14, 2013

Loved beyond measure.

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;  does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;  bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
~1 Corinthians 13:4-7~


"...God is love."
1 John 4:8b

I don't normally write posts that go "with" holidays, but a friend suggested that we both write on 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 this month and I have just realized what a marvelous idea she came up with! :) So often I've read this passage, and have passed over the true meaning of it. It's so commonly read at weddings, but as I read it again, I'm realizing that we need these verses every single day! :)

We, as Christ's children, are so loved! And I mean, SO loved. Jesus took the wrath for our sins in our place... He loved us when we were unlovely... He sought us and bought us... We are loved beyond measure, my friends! Amazing, isn't it?

Oh, how I want this love to define my life!

I fail so many times... but God's grace is greater than my weakness.

So, on a day when love is "celebrated", may we be freshly reminded to love others like Jesus loved us.

May we fall in love more and more with our Savior who loves us perfectly and who can love others through us when we lay our lives low in the dust of humility where God is magnified most.

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." ~Galatians 2:20

No comments: